Re: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Caio Begotti <caio@ueberalles.net> writes:
>> We've been unable to get SQLGetData to work with chunking and the
>> code is just pulling the OID of the blog, and not the actual blob...

Is that supposed to work?  I can't see the whole code, just the proposed
patch to change the chunk size on-the-fly (which seems completely
useless for such a small chunk size) ... but what it looks like is that
it's just selecting the OID column value.

If you expect a read of the column to deliver a lot of bytes then you
should be using bytea not large objects, I would think.

            regards, tom lane