Re: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Caio Begotti
Subject Re: possible odbc driver bug with postgresql-7.4
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 12/12/2006, at 15:11, Tom Lane wrote:
> If you expect a read of the column to deliver a lot of bytes then you
> should be using bytea not large objects, I would think.

Talking to blitzrage, another reporter of this issue, minutes ago:

[15:26:24] blitzrage: its not the field type that is the issue -- its
how the current implementation pulls the data from the DB afaict
[15:26:47] blitzrage: the data is in the DB, but right now, the
implementation just pulls the OID out of the DB, not the blob
[15:27:09] blitzrage: I tried all binary types -- that's not the issue

He refused to join this list, so I believe I can at least quote him
to help to solve the problem :)

Cheers,

--
caio[1982] begotti