Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
>> So pam_message ** isn't const.
>
> Ah, thanks.  I see luna_moth is giving the same warning, so it's still
> not const in Solaris 11 either.
>
> Is it worth working around this?  It's strictly cosmetic AFAICS.
>
> The main issue in my mind would be how to determine whether to use
> const or not.  If all Solaris releases are like this, and can be
> expected to stay that way,

I think yes. It is defined as X/Open standard says.

> I'd be inclined to just put a "#define
> PAM_CONV_PROC_NOT_CONST" in include/port/solaris.h and drive the
> function declaration off that.  If there's a version dependency
> involved then it gets a lot more complicated, and might not be worth
> the trouble.

Following patch works for me, but I did not test it on other platform.

retrieving revision 1.153
diff -r1.153 auth.c
61c61
<       &pam_passwd_conv_proc,
--->       (int (*)())pam_passwd_conv_proc,

Zdenek