Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: compiler warnings on the buildfarm
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> animal: eel                 warnings: 4
>> dirmod.c:206: warning: no previous prototype for 'pgsymlink'
>>

> Somebody needs to figure out whether we are supposed to be using
> pgsymlink on Cygwin.

According to port.h:
*  Cygwin has its own symlinks which work on Win95/98/ME where*  junction points don't, so use it instead.  We have no
wayof*  knowing what type of system Cygwin binaries will be run on.

So it looks like we should not be using pgsymlink() on Cygwin, unless we
declare that these platforms under Cygwin are no longer supported.

cheers

andrew