Re: Problem getting sequences under 8.02.03.00 driver - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Eric E
Subject Re: Problem getting sequences under 8.02.03.00 driver
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Andreas wrote:

Many thanks for the reply and the suggestions, Andreas.

> Maybe it's because you define the resulting type as text?

I double-checked and the cast to text is inside the function call, so
the result should be coming back as an integer.  Also, the field in the
recordset is set up as an integer.

> I've installed latest ODBC V8.0.2.04.01 and there a similar query works.
>
>    Dim objRstADO As ADODB.Recordset
>
>    Set objRstADO = objConnADO.Execute("SELECT nextval('" &
> strSequenceName & "')", , adLockReadOnly)
>    debug.print Nz(objRstADO(0), 0)
I guess I'll try 8.02.04.01

> Is the Login-role in the connectionstring the same as you use in pgAdmin?
> Perhaps - ok, not very likely - is your ADO connection just not allowed
> to see the sequence.
I thought it might be something like that.
> Depending on your function's error handler there could be a hidden error
> condition and the function delivers the default value for numeric types
> = 0.

Possible, though it seems like there's no error being returned by the
ADODB connection - I'll check that, too.

Thanks again,

EE