Embedded C++ with ecpg? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jean-David Beyer
Subject Embedded C++ with ecpg?
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have a bunch of application programs written in C++ that use Embedded SQL.
This have been working for many years with IBM's DB2.

I am about to upgrade my Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 system to RHEL 5, and I
would like to use postgresql instead of DB2. I cannot find an authoritative
statement that ecpg works with C++. There are hints here and there,
including old messages on this mailing list, that it either is meant to
work, that it partly works, or is silent.

What is the current status of (pre) compiling Embedded SQL in C++ programs?
I would absolutely hate to have to rewrite all these programs in C.

Red Hat seem to be on postgresql version 8.1.4 for the initial release of
RHEL5, and they may have updates a little higher.

--  .~.  Jean-David Beyer          Registered Linux User 85642. /V\  PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A         Registered Machine
241939./()\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://counter.li.org^^-^^ 11:30:01 up 1 day, 19:05, 3 users, load average: 4.25,
4.25,4.25