Re: BUG #3261: autovacuum starts regarding config setting - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #3261: autovacuum starts regarding config setting
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Evgeny Gridasov wrote:
> autovacuum starts even if autovacuum=off is set in config file, I've checked
> it through 'show autovacuum' and see it off. But still there is an
> autovacuum process vacuuming the tables.

Even when you disable autovacuum with autovacuum=off, it's still
launched to prevent xid wraparound. See the documentation on xid
wrap-around:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/routine-vacuuming.html#VACUUM-FOR-WRAPAROUND

and on the autovacuum_freeze_max_age configuration variable for more
information.

> is this 8.2.4 CVS-only issue?

No. It's a new feature in the 8.2.

--