Re: Retrieve month from date - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bart Degryse
Subject Re: Retrieve month from date
Date
List pgsql-sql
Please always include the error message you get when something isn't working.

If you defined your table with quoted identifiers (create table "StudentFeesPayment" as ...) then try
  Select max("ReceiptNo") from "StudentFeesPayment" where Extract(Month from "ReceiptMonthYear")=4;
else try
  Select max(ReceiptNo) from StudentFeesPayment where Extract(Month from ReceiptMonthYear)=4;

>>> "Rohit Khare" <rpk.general@gmail.com> 2007-04-20 14:19 >>>
I am using PGSQL 8.2.3 on Windows XP.

I have a table called "StudentFeesPayment" with columns "ReceiptNo" and "ReceiptMonthYear".
The column, "ReceiptMonthYear" stores date in the format "yyyy-mm-dd". I have to find the max(ReceiptNo) where Month of (ReceiptMonthYear)=4. Or whatever month I give.

I tried:

Select max(ReceiptNo) from StudentFeesPayment where Extract(Month('ReceiptMonthYear'))=4;

But it is not working. How to do it?