Re: dollar-quoting trouble - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shane Ambler
Subject Re: dollar-quoting trouble
Date
List pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Does "psql --version" match "select version()"?  There's a message in
>> the archive pgsql-bugs where this happened.
> That was indeed part of the trouble:
>
> Both 7.4.16 and 8.1.8 being installed on Debian I couldn't
> get the default psql be 8.1 despite using
> update-alternatives. So there was psql 7.4 being used
> against the 8.1 server which is bound to lead to trouble.
>
> That being solved by deinstalling 7.4 (which I was
> transitioning off anyways) psql created the function just
> fine.

If you do want 2 versions installed (both in different prefix dirs) at
the same time then you probably want to make sure that your shell $PATH
setting includes the path to the newer version of psql and then specify
the full path to the older version of psql when you want to use the
older version. Or just use the full path every time you run psql.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@Sheeky.Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz