Re: dollar-quoting trouble - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: dollar-quoting trouble
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 06:08:36PM +0930, Shane Ambler wrote:

> If you do want 2 versions installed (both in different prefix dirs) at
> the same time then you probably want to make sure that your shell $PATH
> setting includes the path to the newer version of psql and then specify
> the full path to the older version of psql when you want to use the
> older version. Or just use the full path every time you run psql.
Thanks, I knew that much from following the list. However, I
was under the impression that - on Debian - by using
update-alternatives I could set the "default" PG to the 8.1
install. Which apparently wasn't the case.

Thanks for your answer, though,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346