Re: IDENTITY/GENERATED v36 Re: Final version of IDENTITY/GENERATED patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Zoltan Boszormenyi
Subject Re: IDENTITY/GENERATED v36 Re: Final version of IDENTITY/GENERATED patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane írta:
> Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at> writes:

>>> Is there any good reason to distinguish the two?
>>>

>> Yes. Plain SERIALs can be updated with given values
>> whereas IDENTITY columns cannot.
>>

> Really?  How is pg_dump going to deal with that?
>
>             regards, tom lane

It emits ALTER TABLE ... SET GENERATED AS IDENTITY
after ALTER SEQUENCE OWNED BY and if any of the
columns is IDENTITY or GENERATED then it emits
COPY OVERRIDING SYSTEM VALUE in my patch already.

--
Zoltán Böszörményi