Re: COPY FROM - how to identify results? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Klint Gore
Subject Re: COPY FROM - how to identify results?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:45:54 -0400, Jaime Silvela <JSilvela@Bear.com> wrote:
> I'd like to be able to do something like
> COPY mytable (field-1, ..  field-n, id = my_id) FROM file;

How do you get my_id?  Can you get it in a trigger?  Triggers still fire
with copy so if you can get a trigger to fill in the id column you can
copy with just the field names.

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :