Using MS Access front-end with PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Lambert
Subject Using MS Access front-end with PG
Date
Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG  (Edward Macnaghten <eddy@edlsystems.com>)
Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG  (Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au>)
Re: Using MS Access front-end with PG  (Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
I've got an MS Access front end reporting system that has previously
used MS SQL server which I am moving to Postgres.

The front end has several hundred if not thousand inbuilt/hard-coded
queries, most of which aren't working for the following reasons:
1.) Access uses double quotes ("") as text qualifiers, PG uses single
quotes. ('')
2.) The Like function in SQL Server is case insensitive, PG it is case
sensitive. The ilike function is not recognised by Access and it tries
to turn that into a string, making my test (like "ilike 'blah'")

Has anyone had any experience with moving an access program from SQL
server to PG?

Is there any way to change the text qualifier in PG or the case sensitivity?

TIA,
P.

--
Paul Lambert