Re: Nice, web-based SNMP-Frontend for pgsnmpd? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Hallstrom
Subject Re: Nice, web-based SNMP-Frontend for pgsnmpd?
Date
List pgsql-general
> I've just stumbled across pgsnmpd. It works quite well,
> though I haven't yet found a web-based monitoring
> software that works well with pgsnmpd. The problem is
> that pgsnmpd exportsa bunch of values _per_ database.
>
> (The output of snmpwalk looks something like
> PGSQL-MIB::pgsqlDbDatabase.1.1.3 = STRING: "postgres"
> PGSQL-MIB::pgsqlDbDatabase.1.1.4 = STRING: "template0"
> )
>
> Most SNMP monitoring tools (like netmrg) allow you to
> define graphs for custom oid - but they don't allow me
> to say "Create a graph for every oid that matches a
> certain pattern". Therefor, I'd need to manually create
> one graph per database, which is tiresome...
>
> So - does anyone know a good webapplication that does
> snmp graphs?

cacti should let you do it.  I've not done it myself, but when you tell it
to graph disk space it let's you pick from all the partitions available.
I just hooked it up with litespeed web server and it does the same thing
letting me graph each of the configured virtual hosts.  In both cases the
scripts/templates were built by someone else so I don't can't tell you how
to do it, but it can be done.

-philip