Re: Webappication and PostgreSQL login roles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thorsten Kraus
Subject Re: Webappication and PostgreSQL login roles
Date
List pgsql-general
This would be a possible way. Now the question is which algorithm implementation of md5 PostgreSQL uses...

Bye,
Thorsten

Ben Trewern schrieb:
You could originally connect to the database as some kind of power user.
Check the password against the pg_shadow view (you would need to md5 your
password somehow) and then do a SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION (or SET ROLE) to
change your permissions.  Not sure how secure this would be but it's the way
I would try.

Regards,

Ben