Re: Current enums patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Dunstan
Subject Re: Current enums patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> While all this reasoning is perfectly OK on its own terms, it ignores
> the precedents of SQL identifier handling.  Maybe we should revisit the
> question of whether the labels are identifiers.

Implying that they shouldn't be quoted like text (or should be
double-quoted if required)? Originally when discussing the patch I
thought that this was a good idea, but now I'm not so sure. How does one
set an enum value from e.g. a JDBC PreparedStatement in that scenario?

Cheers

Tom