Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Susanne Ebrecht
Subject Re: Draft of design for the new PostgreSQL shirts
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:19:03 +0100
> Susanne Ebrecht <miracee@miracee.de> wrote:
>> The elephant on the back side is to big, to wear this t-shirt at
>> office, so why not another colored t-shirt?
>>

> Where else than at office should most people show, which database
> they favour? ;-) I personally like the (black and white) shirts with the
> small logo and imprint on the front.

Have a look at my answer to Gabriele.

>> I think they'll look grad because no Italian fashion maker will make
>> a bad design.
>>

> Susanne: the shirts are not created by a designer for fashion ;-)

Of course they are. He is unknown, but he is a designer of fashion. But
I don't want to discuss this here. :)

>> I am sure you'll surprise how nice they look, if you see one in reality.
>>

> I will not be surprised, i've seen the design from Gabriele and i can imagine,
> how nice the shirt will look. Ok, maybe i did not make it all clear: the color is
> fine for me, but having a blue elephant on a blue shirt looks not very creative
> to me: i think, you will even have problems to recognize the elephant on
> a greater distance.

I'll give you my glassees. :)
Often, that are the simplest methods, that will make  things  ingenious.
Consider, more color == higher price. Blue elephant on blue ground ->
you only need black and white for printing
Per definition, black and white are no color -> you need no color to
print the t-shirt -> cheaper price. :)
I am sure, you will see the elephant with a distance from 100 m.

> Just my 0.02 Euro.

Ok, here is your bill:
http://rechnung.pgug.de/invoice/RgJLrNXvx8MAAEV0wq4.html :P

Susanne