Re: Postgresql to Delphi - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Postgresql to Delphi
Date
List pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:
> Listen/notify implies a dynamic table that is constantly on the
> change. Am I correct?
>
> The table I am talking about is completed through one interface then
> imported as a relatively static information base for the application
> in which I am seeking help.

Yes,
you would have to define a rule on the table and when the table changed
it would send a notification back to who ever is listening.

Why don't you just run a query against the table, then loop through the
result set and then trigger your devices from inside the loop?

myquery.sql.add('select * from mytable where bla = bla;');
myquery.open;
While not myquery.eof do
   begin

         if myquery.fieldbyname('somefield').asstring = 'something' then
           //signal your device.
          myquery.next;
   end;

I guess that is the best I can come up without knowing more.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design