Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT (was Question: pg_classattributes and race conditions ?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavan Deolasee
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX and HOT (was Question: pg_classattributes and race conditions ?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:>> We need to be clear that we already have a solution to CREATE INDEX> CONCURRENTLY. Do you agree
thatwe do? Does anyone see a problem with> the posted design for that?>> Hopefully it is only CREATE INDEX that we need
tothink about.>

I agree. Lets first decide whether its only CREATE INDEX that
needs solution or its both.

Lets also decide whether we want to fix CREATE INDEX
[CONCURRENTLY] or we want to provide a seperate DLL to
CHILL the table and then build index normally. Tom
has already rejected the idea of holding exclusive lock
while chilling, but if we get around that, is rest of
the approach acceptable ?

If its going to be a seperate DLL, lets decide whether
its acceptable to run it as a seperate transaction.

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB        http://www.enterprisedb.com