Re: Practical question. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From louis gonzales
Subject Re: Practical question.
Date
Re: Practical question.  (James Neff <jneff@tethyshealth.com>)
List pgsql-general
Actually, there will be creation of 2 new tables for each insert on
'primary' table, so for 10K records, we would have 20K tables.  Those
tables each will never grow more than a few records each.

Is it better to have 1 monolithic table and have to search it, or small
individual tables but many of them?

--
Email:    louis.gonzales@linuxlouis.net
WebSite:  http://www.linuxlouis.net