Re: DST problem on Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: DST problem on Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-general
George Weaver wrote:
> A client has PostgreSQL 8.2.1 installed on a Windows 2000 server.
>
> The time on the server is correct but PostgreSQL is returning a time 1
> hour in advance.  In other words, it the server time is 1:00 pm,
> PostgreSQL is returning 2:00 pm.  Both the PostgreSQL server and Windows
> server have been rebooted, but the problem remains.
>
> postgresql.conf is using the default timezone setting:
>
>     #timezone = unknown    # actually, defaults to TZ
>                                                  # environment setting
>
>  and the time zone setting on the Windows server is (GMT - 6) Cental
> Time (US and Canada), which is the correct location.
>
> Any suggestions how to resolve this, or why its happening?

It could be that it's mis-detecting the OS timezone - is the OS even
updated for the new DST rules? I thought they didn't release such
patches for win2k unless you paid a bunch extra for it?

Anyway, try hardcoding the timezone value in postgresql.conf to whatever
zone you're in, and see if that solves it.

//Magnus