Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 02:28:03PM +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
>> "David Fetter" <david@fetter.org> writes:
>>
>>> CREATE TABLE symptom (
>>>     symptom_id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, /* See above. */
>>> );
>>>
>>> CREATE TABLE patient_presents_with (
>>>     patient_id INTEGER NOT NULL REFERENCES patient(patient_id),
>>>     symptom_id INTEGER NOT NULL REFERENCES symptom(symptom_id),
>>>     UNIQUE(patient_id, symptom_id)
>>> );
>> I'm just glad I don't have your doctor.  I hope mine doesn't think
>> symptoms are all boolean values.
>
> What's in the symptom table is up to the doctor.

Surely the point is that for "high temperature" I need a temperature
value, whereas for "tooth decay" I'll want a tooth number (or whatever
they use). Which brings us back to where we started...

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd