Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties
Date
Re: My honours project - databases using dynamically attached entity-properties  (Csaba Nagy <nagy@ecircle-ag.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 02:28:03PM +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
> "David Fetter" <david@fetter.org> writes:
>
> > CREATE TABLE symptom (
> >     symptom_id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, /* See above. */
> > );
> >
> > CREATE TABLE patient_presents_with (
> >     patient_id INTEGER NOT NULL REFERENCES patient(patient_id),
> >     symptom_id INTEGER NOT NULL REFERENCES symptom(symptom_id),
> >     UNIQUE(patient_id, symptom_id)
> > );
>
> I'm just glad I don't have your doctor.  I hope mine doesn't think
> symptoms are all boolean values.

What's in the symptom table is up to the doctor.

Cheers,
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666                             Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate