Re: Ajax/PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Re: Ajax/PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
The way to handle this is to make your ajax call PHP scripts which
handle your data and return your XML for the Javascript (or HTML).

AJAX makes HTTP requests, it does not talk directly to the database
server.

In essence to do what you're asking you would need a JavaScript
implementation of the pgsql protocol.  This would at the *very* least
make for the possibility of security issues with your database
backend, where every client hitting your website would need to be
able to access it.

Hope this helps,

Gavin