Re: date format - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: date format
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/03/2007 12:58, Jorge Godoy wrote:
> Garry Saddington <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk> writes:
>
>> I have 'datestyle ISO,DMY' set in postgresql.conf but the date output is still
>> rendered in the format (y,m,d) . How can I change this behaviour?
>
> ISO means y-m-d...

The default postgresql.conf that is installed has

       datestyle = iso,mdy

though commented out - on a new installation I uncomment this line as a
matter of course and change it to "iso,dmy" and it works fine.

Are you sure that PostgreSQL is presenting the dates in the wrong
format? Could there be another layer that's swapping the month and year
around? - try SELECTing some date values from psql and see what you get.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie