Re: Patch license update to developer's FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Patch license update to developer's FAQ
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> I have added to the developer's FAQ that we don't want
>>> non-BSD-compatible licensed patches:
>> How frequently is this actually a problem?
>
> I don't think it is common.  I didn't add that part, so if you also
> think it is rare, I will remove that distinction.  New text:
>
>     <li>PostgreSQL is licensed under a BSD license.  By posting a patch
>     to the public PostgreSQL mailling lists, you are giving the PostgreSQL
>     Global Development Group the non-revokable right to distribute your
>     patch under the BSD license.  If the patch is not BSD-licensed, it
>     will be rejected.</li>

This is good, and it is really important that we add this to the signup
pages and welcome pages for -hackers and -patches.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/