Re: SOC & user quotas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: SOC & user quotas
Date
Re: SOC & user quotas  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jim@nasby.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I don't know, but in my opinion, I don't see anything bad in requiring
> dropping the data if the quota is full. That's what usually occurs in
> the case of normal filesystem quota... If you don't have a space there,
> you cannot edit files, copy them etc...
> And that solution should be definitely better than the filesystem quota
> for the PostgreSQL user for example.

The bad point is not that we would rollback the transaction. The bad
point is what happens when you need to rollback a transaction and in
your scenario it is quite plausible that a large rollback could occur,
more than once, causing the requirement of something like a vacuum full
to clean things up.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/