Re: How often do I need to reindex tables? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: How often do I need to reindex tables?
Date
Re: How often do I need to reindex tables?  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
List pgsql-general
Bill Moran wrote:

>>> No, you should very rarely if ever need to do it.
>
> I don't agree.  I think that regular indexing is mandatory under some
> workloads.

Bill, you are right but I believe Jim was speaking from a general
perspective. Generally speaking you should not have to reindex, or if
you do very rarely.

I too have a couple of databases we manage that require a reindex more
often than what would be considered normal, but a reindex is far from
the norm itself.

Joshua D. Drake

 Example:

             http://www.commandprompt.com/