Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:

>> However, I strongly concur that we need at least some evidence. It could
>> easily be that a misstep in the code, causes a loop over the wrong set
>> and all the performance we thought we would get is invalid, not because
>> of theory or what should happen, but because of actual implementation.
>
> It rather sounds like you're asking for a proof that Simon can write bug-free
> code before you allow him to write any code.

Well wouldn't that be great! :) but no, not quite. I would just like to
see some metrics showing that it is a benefit. Besides the patch needs
to work for the metrics to be run.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/