Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd also like a comment from at least one other "patch reviewer" that
>> the methods used are good.
>
> It looks reasonable as far as it goes.  One thought is that pg_dump

Ok. I'll run some more tests and then get it in.

> really should have noticed that it was writing a broken archive.
> On machines where off_t is 32 bits, can't we detect the overflow
> situation?

IIRC, there was a warning from pg_dump. I don't recall exactly what, and
don't have the space to re-run the test on my laptop here, but I think
it was from:
write_msg(modulename, "WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
ftell used\n");

//Magnus