Re: New feature request: FlashBack Query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: New feature request: FlashBack Query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
RPK wrote:
> PostgreSQL, already a mature database, needs to have more options for
> recovery as compared to proprietary databases. I just worked with Oracle's
> FlashBack query feature in Oracle 9i and FlashBack Table feature in 10g.
>
> Future versions of PostgreSQL must have similar features which enable users
> to bring Table(s) and/or Database(s) to a desired Time Stamp.

We can do it with databases, we can't do it with tables. Nor should we
do it with tables as it would require that all tables in relation are
also flashed backed.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/