Re: Status of autovacuum and the sporadic stats failures ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Status of autovacuum and the sporadic stats failures ?
Date
Re: Status of autovacuum and the sporadic stats failures ?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm tempted to propose replacing the fixed sleep with a short plpgsql
> function that sleeps for a second, checks to see if the stats have
> changed, repeats if not; giving up only after perhaps 30 seconds.
>
> It'd be interesting to try to gather stats on the length of the delay
> taken, but I don't see a good way to do that within the current
> regression-test infrastructure.

Have it log something that will appear on the postmaster log but not the
client log? Buildfarm members mostly post their complete postmaster
logs, and we could postprocess those.

cheers

andrew