Re: Retrieving affected tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Retrieving affected tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Hannes Dorbath wrote:
> On 06.02.2007 14:19, Richard Huxton wrote:
>>> What is best way to retrieve all affected tables of an select
>>> statement? (Besides parsing the raw SQL).
>>
>>  From where? As a client-application function? As a user-callable
>> function in the server? From within the parse/execute code?
>
>  From a client application.

Parsing the sql is the only way I can think of.

You could feed it through EXPLAIN I suppose, but there's no way to dump
the query-plan as a data-structure to the client. You can log a verbose
query-plan, but that's not going to help you.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd