Re: Foreign Key selection / no public schema - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Foreign Key selection / no public schema
Date
List pgadmin-support
Philipp Specht wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I hope you can tell me how to avoid the following problem:
>
> I'm using pgadmin 1.6.2 on MacOSX (same problem with 1.6.1) connecting
> to a 8.2.0 database.
>
> I've renamed my public schema and created a new schema. There's no
> 'public' schema any more.
>
> Now pgadmin can't find the columns of a referenced table to populate the
> drop down selector.
>
> After activating debug logging I found that pgadmin tries to find the
> columns in the "public" schema.
>
> ###
> 2007-01-20 13:03:35 QUERY  : Set query (xxx:5432): SELECT attname
>   FROM pg_attribute att, pg_class cl, pg_namespace nsp
>  WHERE attrelid=cl.oid AND relnamespace=nsp.oid
>    AND nspname='public'
>    AND relname='xxx'
>    AND attnum > 0
>
>  ORDER BY attnum
>
> ###

Hmm, I cannot reproduce this. After renaming the public schema, I find
existing constraints still reference the correct table (in the renamed
schema), and new constraints can see the table in the renamed schema
without an problems.

Can you details the steps to reproduce the problem?

Thanks, Dave.