LIKE bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Moucha Václav
Subject LIKE bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
============================================================================                       POSTGRESQL BUG
REPORTTEMPLATE

Your name            :    Vaclav Moucha
Your email address    :    mouchav@radiomobil.cz

System Configuration
--------------------- Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)          :    Intel
Pentium III/350
 Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     :    Linux 2.2.14
 PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.1):    postgresql-7.0.1
 Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)        :    gcc version
egcs-2.91.66
19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release)

I will find out some bug with like operator if I use locales.

Steps to involve a bug result:

1. Compilation  ./configure --enable-locale    # not needed for RPMS precompiled binaries

2. Starting postmaster  export LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ  export LC_COLLATE=cs_CZ        # this setting is important for the
bug result  postmaster -S -D /home/pgsql/data -o '-Fe'

3. SQL steps  create table test (name text);  insert into test values ('á');    # the first char is E1 from LATIN 2
coding  insert into test values ('áb');  create index test_index on test (name);  set cpu_tuple_cost=1;        # force
backendto use index
scanning  select * from test where name like 'á%';

BUG: Only 1 line is selected with 'á' only instead of both lines.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below: