Re: create function - user permissions - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: create function - user permissions
Date
List pgsql-sql
Markus Wagner <mawagner@mail.uni-mainz.de> writes:
> one of my users wants to create functions using the C language, but pgs
> says "no permission".

> How can I permit the user to do this, while avoiding to give him root
> access rights?

Just a wakeup call here: if you let a user write C functions then
you *are* giving him Postgres superuser rights.  He can do anything
he damn well pleases as user postgres, he's just got to write some
code to do it.

Once you've absorbed that, giving him the dbadmin password should
not look unreasonable.
        regards, tom lane