query optimazation & starting postmaster with -B option - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From sathya priya
Subject query optimazation & starting postmaster with -B option
Date
List pgsql-sql
hai,

Q 1 :

Posgresql is running on Linux machine with 512MB ram.
My question is When i start the postmaster with -B
3000 then there is no problem. If the start the
postmaster with more than the 3000 then errors msg is
popped out. How do I increase this buffer option
morethan 3000 and what are things to be considered
before doing this

Q 2:   postmaster with -N option. doc says 32 connection is default .
I need more than that 32 connection. Before increase
this connection to 100 what things (like
memory,processor speed .. etc ) we have to take
consideration.

Q3 : If i increase the -B more than 3000 then  will
postgresql execute the query very fast

thanks advance.

kind regds.
p. ashok kumar