Re: tsearch2: pg8.1 to pg8.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rick Schumeyer
Subject Re: tsearch2: pg8.1 to pg8.2
Date
List pgsql-general
It was my understanding that running pgdump creates a file that contains
all the necessary commands to use tsearch2. That approach has worked for
me to transfer my database from one pg8.1 server to another. I now see
that is does *not* work from pg8.1 to pg8.2.

At your suggestion I loaded tsearch2.sql before loading the pgdump
output. I get some errors in the second part, I believe because it
attempts to load tsearch2 stuff from the pg8.1 database that conflicts
with the pg8.2 stuff from tsearch2.sql. But, the queries seem to work.

So perhaps the answer is, load tsearch2.sql, then load the result of
running pgdump on the 8.1 database, and ignore the errors?