Re: Internal function call from C-language function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zoltan Boszormenyi
Subject Re: Internal function call from C-language function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:
> Hi,
>
> Martijn van Oosterhout írta:
>> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 01:40:22PM +0100, Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
>>
>>> text_in() doesn't exists, it's textin() but I have to call it through
>>> DirectFunctionCall1(), like this:
>>>
>>> yeardatum = DirectFunctionCall1(textin, CStringGetDatum("year"));
>>>
>>> However, the session crashes on the subsequent
>>>
>>> returndatum = DirectFunctionCall2(timestamp_part, yeardatum, timest);
>>>

>> It would be a good idea to actually find out where it crashes, that
>> would help you work out what the actual problem is. Just looking at the
>> code you posted, I only see this other bit that looks a bit suspect:
>>
>>       Datum           timest;
>>       bool            isnull;
>>
>>        t = PG_GETARG_HEAPTUPLEHEADER(0);
>>        timest = DatumGetTimestamp(GetAttributeByName(t, "ts_today",
>> &isnull));
>>
>> You're calling DatumGetTimestamp() which would return a timestamp
>> (probably some structure) but you're storing it in a Datum. Just take
>> the result of GetAttributeByName directly.
>>

> Thanks, that worked for me.
>
> I have just one more question:
> How can I get an Oid out of a Datum, i.e.
> how do I know what type I get in a given Datum?
> DatumGetObjectId() seems to give me an Oid that
> was specifically stored as a Datum.

I have found the alternative solution.
If t is HeapTupleHeader then:

        Oid                     tupType;
        int32           tupTypmod;
        TupleDesc       tupDesc;

        tupType = HeapTupleHeaderGetTypeId(t);
        tupTypmod = HeapTupleHeaderGetTypMod(t);
        tupDesc = lookup_rowtype_tupdesc(tupType, tupTypmod);

will give me the needed TupleDesc and I can use SPI_gettypeid().

Thanks and best regards,
Zoltán