Re: From Clause - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: From Clause
Date
List pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:
> I am receiving an error message about a missing "From Clause" in an
> insert statement.
>
> I've tried a number of variations of adding a from clause with no success.
>
> Could someone help with the following statement??
>
>  Insert Into p_id.loop_sequence (monitor)  values(p_id.loops.monitor) ;

You can add that schema name to your search ppath, you know... saves typing.

What kind of value is p_id.loops.monitor? I think you meant to do a
select instead of values; probably this:

set search_path to 'p_id,public';
insert into loop_sequence (monitor) select monitor from loops;

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.