Res: Connection idle broken - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fernando Xavier
Subject Res: Connection idle broken
Date
List pgsql-general
Right.. i'm sorry :-)

i solved this problem according Scott Marlowe suggestion. I changed the postgresql.conf

tcp_keepalives_idle = 300
tcp_keepalives_interval = 60
tcp_keepalives_count = 10

The connection don't broke more...Actually, the router linksys isn't good for network complex..

Thanks for all replies! :-)

regards,
Fernando

----- Mensagem original ----
De: Douglas McNaught <doug@mcnaught.org>
Para: Fernando Xavier <fernandoxavier@yahoo.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 27 de Novembro de 2007 16:33:35
Assunto: Re: [GENERAL] Connection idle broken

On 11/27/07, Fernando Xavier <fernandoxavier@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for reply!
>
> No, my router don't have configurations for timeout connections..

Get a better router then. Something between your clients and the
database server is timing out those connections, and it's most likely
that box--NAT connections are timed out fairly aggressively by default
on consumer routers (you didn't say whether you were using NAT or not,
but it may be turned on by default).  Relying on anything labeled
"Linksys" for production work is a terrible idea.

Also, please keep your replies on the mailing list so others can
benefit from the discussion.

-Doug

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/