Re: Development of cross-platform GUI for Open Source DBs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John McCawley
Subject Re: Development of cross-platform GUI for Open Source DBs
Date
List pgsql-general
I can't speak for wxPython etc., but regarding using QT from C++, your
speed of development depends on your C++ skills.  I wrote a
full-featured Point of Sale system in Visual Basic that has been in
active use for about 4 years.  The original development effort (screens,
grids, etc.) took about 3 weeks.  I got tired of supporting an app that
I had to lug out my Windows/VB laptop for, so I decided to port it to
C++ so I could develop on my Linux box.  I ported the entire thing over
to C++/QT in about a week.

QT is *extremely* good.  My speed with developing GUI applications in
C++ is now on par with my abilities in VB...And I can't think of a tool
on earth faster than VB for cranking out quick-n-dirty apps :P