Re: MSSQL to PostgreSQL : Encoding problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arnaud Lesauvage
Subject Re: MSSQL to PostgreSQL : Encoding problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Tomi NA a écrit :
> 2006/11/23, Arnaud Lesauvage <thewild@freesurf.fr>:
>> Arnaud Lesauvage a écrit :

ofUCS encoding using the system's default endian setting.

>> > Guys, it worked !!!!
>> > UCS-4-INTERNAL was the right choice !!!
>> >
>> > I love you all !
>> >
>> > (now I just have an out of memory problem, but that's going
>> > to be a new thread)
>>
>> Guys, it did not work !!! :(
>> I thought it worked because postgres seemed to be loading
>> the file and failing at the end with an "out of memory"
>> error, but in fact I think the conversion remove all
>> end-of-line characters (one line of 1.5GB was too much for
>> COPY...).
>>
>> Still searching !
>
> It will take you a day or two to get started, and then a day or two to
> get the job done, but you really might want to look into kettle or
> some other ETL tool to do the job.
> It looks to me like you're trying to screw in a screw using a hammer.

Yes, I might try something else.
I was thinking that others would probably run into this
problem sometime, and that our investigations might help them.
I think I'll forget about this COPY stuff and just export
with DTS through PostgreSQL ODBC Unicode.

--
Arnaud