createdb argument question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Perry Smith
Subject createdb argument question
Date
Re: createdb argument question  (Seneca Cunningham <tentra@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
For some odd reason, Rails decided to call createdb as:

createdb foo_database -E utf8

On my Mac systems, this work.  On my AIX system it does not.  I get:

createdb dog -E utf8
createdb: too many command-line arguments (first is "utf8")
Try "createdb --help" for more information.

Has anyone else bumped in to this?  Is putting the arguments after
the database name known to work?  Looking at the code, it seems
rather magical that it works but I just looked at the main routine in
createdb.c and not the routines it calls.

Thank you for your help,
Perry