Re: createdb argument question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Seneca Cunningham
Subject Re: createdb argument question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 12:56:37PM -0500, Perry Smith wrote:
> On my Mac systems, this work.  On my AIX system it does not.  I get:
>
> createdb dog -E utf8
> createdb: too many command-line arguments (first is "utf8")
> Try "createdb --help" for more information.
>
> Has anyone else bumped in to this?  Is putting the arguments after
> the database name known to work?  Looking at the code, it seems
> rather magical that it works but I just looked at the main routine in
> createdb.c and not the routines it calls.

It's been a while since I've dealt with AIX, but try putting your
options before the option-less arguments.  How it works is not magical,
it's just using getopt_long, and some getopts stop checking for options
after the first non-option argument it receives.

--
Seneca
tentra@gmail.com