Bug: SQL pane: schema-prefix of composite types duplicated - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Bug: SQL pane: schema-prefix of composite types duplicated
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi developers!

I am testing pgAdmin III Beta 3 (Oct 12 2006, re: 5475) on Windows
XP (German, latest patch level).

Concerns functions that RETURN composite types. If the type is defined
in a schema other than public (or first in search_path?), then pgAdmin
gets it wrong.
This is the case with implicitely created composite types (return type
of views) as well as with explicitely created types:
CREATE TYPE myschema.t_mytype AS
(...)

Looking up the definition of a function in the SQL pane, I get:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION export.f_test(integer) RETURNS SETOF myschema."myschema.v_myview" AS      -- NOTE:
schema-name duplicated
(...)

Should read:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION export.f_test(integer) RETURNS SETOF myschema.v_myview AS
(...)

Of course, if I try to execute that SQL script I get an error:
FEHLER: Typ myschema.myschema.v_myview« existiert nicht
SQL state: 42704

I think this one has been introduced with Beta 3.

I plan on further reports (provided I find more bugs). If you would like
me to report in any other fashion, please let me know. I am trying to be
helpful.

Regards
Erwin Brandstetter