Re: Restart after power outage: createdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jon Lapham
Subject Re: Restart after power outage: createdb
Date
List pgsql-general
Jim Nasby wrote:
>> [lapham@localhost ~]$ psql bar
>> psql: FATAL:  database "bar" does not exist
>> [lapham@localhost ~]$ createdb bar
>> createdb: database creation failed: ERROR: could not create directory
>> "base/65536": File exists
>> [lapham@localhost ~]$ createdb bar
>
> Could this be a timing issue? IE: are you just issuing the first
> createdb bar too soon after the database has started?
>
> I suspect this is a bug...

Probably not too soon, since postgresql is started by init.d during boot
and it is probably a minute or so after that before I can get logged in,
open a shell, issue the commands, etc.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham@jandr.org>                Rio de Janeiro, Brasil