Re: Bind message - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Oliver Jowett
Subject Re: Bind message
Date
Re: Bind message  ("Guy Rouillier" <guyr@masergy.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Markus Schaber wrote:

> Ah. But usually, the other parameter values for the same prepared
> statement produce similar query plans, because they're the same use case
> on similar data.

For the "wrong" values though the plan might be pathologically bad.

> Maybe this behaviour should be configurable via some session
> configuration variable?

Isn't this just a very roundabout way of overriding the planner? i.e.
what you are really doing is saying "ignore your statistics, I know more
about the parameter values I'm going to give you than I'm actually
telling you"..

-O