Two proposals of DBA helper functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jean-Paul Argudo
Subject Two proposals of DBA helper functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I would like to submit two ideas:

1/
In the daily tasks I have as (also) a standard DBA, I found usefull to
view locks in a human point of view. I think the "~ '^pg_'" part of the
queries may be not so clean... Any ideas welcome :)

2/
Also, I like having a cache hit/miss ratio. This is why I add a function
"pg_stat_get_db_hit_miss_ratio(database oid)" to pg_stat_database, in a
"bis" view.

Since I dont want to flood the mailing list with a possible useless
thing, I put my sql/plpgsql code here:

http://priam.dalibo.net/~jpa/propositions/

Please take a look at it and tell me if this could be usefull or not..

Thanks a lot,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.postgresqlfr.org