Re: Building pgeasy on HP-UX - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Building pgeasy on HP-UX
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> Anyone know how to properly build pgeasy on HP-UX?  It used to build
> seamlessly as part of pgsql.  The build doc is pretty sparse.

> cc libpgeasy.o halt.o -L/opt/pgsql/installs/postgresql-7.3.2/lib -lpq -fpic
> -shared -Wl,-x,-soname,libpgeasy.so.3
> -Wl,-rpath,/opt/pgsql/installs/postgresql-7.3.2/lib -o libpgeasy.so.3.0
> cc: warning 422: Unknown option "f" ignored.

HP's cc does not use the same argument switches as gcc.  -fpic and
-shared are definitely gcc-isms, and I think the -Wl stuff may be too.
Furthermore ".so" is not the way it's spelled in HPUX.

In short, you've got a gcc-only makefile there.  If you have gcc
installed, the path of least resistance would be to use it not cc.
Otherwise you need to re-educate the makefile.

            regards, tom lane